BOARD OF DIRECTOR
AFRED KWASI OPOKU, CO - FOUNDER AND MEMBER
Alfred Kwasi Opoku is a founding member of Ghana Green Building Council. A Development Planner with an M. Phil in Demography. His specialty is in Institutional Capacity Building and Project Management.
He is the Director of JEAVCO Associates Ltd, a Project Management firm engaged in Institutional Capacity Building, Socio-economic studies, Project design, Impact assessment, Manpower planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, located in Tema.
He has worked as a Project Monitor / Technical Advisor to EU Micro projects with BIRD (KNUST, Kumasi); National Training Coordinator for Christian Youth in Tertiary Institutions; Research Fellow, Land Administration Research Center (KNUST, Kumasi) and FAO.
He has been a key Consultant for Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development on Urban II, III & V projects and VIP in Institutional Capacity Building on the Decentralization concept. Over the years of professional practice, he has published a number of papers and reports on development including:
Administration Research Centre, KNUST
- Urban migration and rural development implications: A case study of Kumasi (1995) Land
Obuasi Gold Mines, Ghana (1992) UAPS
- Impacts of Development Projects on the population and the Environment: Case study of
Rehabilitation project. (1992) IFAD
- Baseline Study Report: Upper East Region Land Conservation and Small holder
- Managing the Urban Housing Crisis: Lessons from Kumasi, Ghana (1990) UAPS
- Population Growth and Development in Sub-Saharan African: A predicament (1990)
- Migration and Rural Development: A Case Study of Western Region of Ghana (UAPS) (1990)